Take you first step toward homeownership...
Habitat’s homeownership program looks for three things when determining if an applicant is eligible to participate: Need, Affordability, and Willingness to partner.
Listed below are the steps in owning a home:
1. Attend our next info session to learn more about program qualifications and expectations. Or, request an appointment to learn more at (765) 653-5360 or email@example.com.
2. If you discover homeownership is right for you, you will receive an application to complete and return. To request a printed application, please call (765) 653-5360. Certain documents will have to be returned with your completed application.
Your application will be reviewed and it will be determined if you meet the necessary requirements to move to the next round. If you are approved, you will be asked to participate in a home visit. If not, you will be given a reason for the denial and may be asked to reapply at a later date.
3. Our team will conduct a home visit as the final step in the approval process. After the home visit, we will communicate with you next steps about acceptance into our program.
4. Approvals will be asked to sign a Partnership Agreement and can begin earning sweat equity immediately. Each partner family is required to contribute at least 250 hours of sweat equity toward the home. Sweat-equity hours include homeownership education, financial education, and volunteer hours building your house and working on other Habitat homes.
5. Time to make the house a home! Upon the completion of the home, you will be signing closing documents, paying closing costs and your down payment to become a Habitat homeowner! After moving in, you will be expected to pay your mortgage on time every month, on average $350-450 as well as keep up the maintenance on your home.
Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.